Getting an app ready for day one of an iOS/device launch is impossible to do right. As a developer you have a variety of options available for how you approach it, none of which are perfect.
- App Review
- Marketing (good and bad)
- Bugs and Issues
- Helpdesk load
- New features and their worth
- Wasted effort
- As ready as you’ll ever be: Work feverishly, battling through buggy betas and API changes to be as possibly ready as possible for the estimated release date.
- Measured compatibility: Just make sure it doesn’t break
- Kinda ready: Keep an eye on the changes, have plans in place for basic compatibility begin in earnest once bugs are fixed
- Wait and See: Wait until you have all the information before you really start